Available for pre-order NOW!
(Click here to go to the bottom of this page for all downloads)
***We require a copy of your PAL before shipment or pick-up***
You can pay the deposit online by using the "Add to Cart" button. This will accept your 50% Deposit for the base model and any options.
You must create an account in order to purchase online.
When you place your order online you must select "Pick Up In Store" for shipping method. If we are shipping the rifle to you we will determine shipping method once the rifle is complete.
Production FRT has been issued
ATRS - MODERN HUNTER - FRT_149826 NON-RESTRICTED
Read the Modern Hunter Frequently asked questions here
*** We hope to have rifles on the shelf at some point in various calibers and configurations that are ready to go but at this point we are only accepting custom orders. ***All special orders and custom rifle builds are not returnable and are noncancellable***
These require a 50% deposit based on options chosen from the drop-down list.
Estimated delivery is approximately 6 months from time of order. This may vary depending on options selected. Changes after submission are subject to a $25 administration fee per change. (Some custom options could push this date back ie: custom cerakote)***
If we are shipping this to out to you, we require your valid PAL infomation. It can only be shipped in a hard case.
Like all direct impingement operated rifles of this style, this rifle works best with BTHP, polymer tipped and FMJ bullets and does NOT work well with lead tipped, all lead, round nose or other soft point bullets. It also requires generous lubrication of the bolt assembly at all times. This is critical for the first 500 rounds as the moving parts break in.
These rifles have a MATCH GRADE barrel and chamber. The use of off-shore surplus or corrosive ammo is not recommended. We have found that match grade factory ammo or handloads will produce the best accuracy. Decent domestically manufactured bulk ammo will not harm the rifle. These rifles (chambered in 308 Win) are all test fired for function with American Eagle 150gr FMJ bulk ammo. This ammo will not produce the best accuracy but will function reliably.
As most know, the AR10 platform is a Restricted rifle in Canada. We have come up with a modular rifle that shares many of the AR10 assets in so far as being very modular and it will accept the use of most AR10 furniture. AND it is NON Restricted. Below is the CAD model of the gun as it will be produced.
The base model rifle is $3650.00. (This may vary dependent on exchange rate) There are many options included at no added cost as well as a large number of upgrades available at additional cost.
The base model rifle will be offered with either an A2 fixed stock or a 6 position collapsible stock as standard equipment however Magpul CTR collapsible or PRS adjustable stocks are available upgrades at additional cost.
The base model rifle will come standard with a stainless steel match grade barrel. Minimum barrel length will be 18.6" to keep it Non restricted but are available longer if desired. Barrels will be available in 3 contours. Barrels can have threaded muzzles, we just need to know when the order is placed. We will also be offering an optional 308 caliber ,6.5 Creedmoor and .260 Rem Proof Research Carbon Fiber Wrapped barrel to keep the weight down.
This rifle will also come standard with a 4 lb match quality single stage trigger. This is the only option for triggers at this point.
The base model rifle will be offered with a DPMS free float tube however JP Enterprise modular handguards, Fortis Mfg. SWITCH Keymod handguards and PRI carbon fiber handguards are available upgrades.
This rifle does not come with sights/optics or a case however either can be supplied at additional cost.
Dimensions,specifications and any supplied NON ATRS manufactured products included with the rifle, such as mags and furniture are subject to change without prior approval or notice.
Integrated Ambi bolt release.
Non reciprocating folding charge handle, sealed to prevent gas escape for the shooter.
Ambi safety (optional)
Ambi mag release (optional)
7075 billet upper and lower receivers, black Milspec hard anodized.
Hinged dust cover over ejection port.
Left handed friendly shell deflector.
Direct gas impingement operating system ( tried and proven to work)
Employs AR style grip and stock.
Employs Magpul Gen II 308 P mags, XCR-M mags, etc.
True matchgrade barrels are standard , various lengths, contours and calibers available based on 308 parent cartridge.
- These Modern Hunters are sold only as complete guns, NO Incomplete builds will be sold at this time. We do offer complete second uppers but do not offer the upper or lower receivers separately.
- If you choose the Proof Research Carbon Fiber Wrapped Barrel, the only options are:
- .308 Win 18.6" or 20" 1:10 twist .875 contour .
- 6.5 CM 18.6" or 20" 1:8 twist .875 contour.
- .260 Rem 18.6" or 20" 1:8 twist .875 contour.
- All Proof Research Carbon Fiber Wrapped barrels come threaded 5/8x24 for a muzzle break. No thread protector or muzzle brake is included in the barrel price.
-CFW barrel weights:
18.6"- 2.5 lbs
20"- 2.7 lbs
- Light contour stainless barrels are only available in 18.6" and 20" lengths. Varmint contour and heavy contour barrels are available in 18.6", 20" and 22" lengths.
Stainless Match grade barrel available Calibers: 6.5 Creedmoor, 260 Rem and 308 Win
Stainless Steel barrel weights:
18.6" light contour- 2.5 lbs
18.6" varmint contour- 3.3 lbs
18.6" heavy contour- 4.5 lbs
20" light contour- 2.7 lbs
20" varmint contour- 3.5 lbs
20" heavy contour- 4.7 lbs
Below are diagrams of the 3 stainless barrel contours available:
- PRI carbon fiber handguards come with a top rail and 3 smaller rail sections mounted on the bottom and sides.
- Fortis SWITCH Keymod handguards come with a full top rail. Smaller rail sections to mount on the bottom and sides are available.
- JP handguards do not come with a top rail or any smaller rail sections, although they are available at additional cost. JP rails are only compatible with JP handguards.
- DPMS handguards do not have any rail sections or the ability to mount rails.
- Custom Cerakote finishes available on receivers, barrels and handguards. Prices will vary and inquiries are dealt with on an individual basis. Call or e-mail for more info.
-The Modern Hunter will come with one mag as they become available. ATRS is having mags manufactured which are currently in production. Price is yet to be determined. They will be black in color. 15rd length mags limited to 5rds.
- Additional barrels and complete upper receivers are available upon request. Prices will vary and inquiries are dealt with on an individual basis. Call or e-mail for more info.
Links to accessories:
(Click on words to open a new page with info)
Proof Research Carbon Fiber Wrapped barrels
DPMS free float handguard
JP Enterprise Modular handguard
JP Enterprise 2" rail section
JP Enterprise 4" rail section
JP Enterprise top rail
Fortis Mfg. SWITCH Keymod handguard
Fortis Mfg. Keymod accessories
PRI Carbon Fiber handguard (black)
PRI Carbon Fiber handguard (natural)
BLK LBL™ (Integrated Bipod)
KFS TacMod Stock
Magpul PRS stock
Magpul CTR stock
Magpul MOE grip
Magpul MIAD grip
Ergo Deluxe grip
ATRS AR-10 Muzzle Brake
If you have any trouble downloading these files, send us an email and we will send them to you.
Not in stock. Deposit required for reservation